I love talking connecting with other people and sharing what I’ve learned with the higher ed and podcasting communities. I’ve been lucky enough to have the chance to do a lot of that over the past year.
Some people dread public speaking, but I love it. I spent seven years as an admissions counselor, where I regularly gave presentations to groups of 150 or more, and talk in front of the students in my class every time I enter the classroom.
- Magnify Your Impact in Higher Education – The Data-Driven Marketer webinar series from RivalIQ
- So You Want to Start a Podcast (Or Your Boss Does) – presented at EduWeb 2019
- How to Self-Promote on Reddit (Without Getting Kicked Out) – Higher Ed Social Media Conference, October 2019
- The Promise and Peril of Podcasting In Higher Education – Academic Impressions webinar, November 2019
- Think Like a Journalist to Grow Your Audience – Outlier Podcast Festival Salt Lake City, January 2020
- Why Interviews Will Make Your Content Better – Higher Ed Digital Conference, June 2020
- Podcasts 101: Exploring the World Through Audio – presentation for Schlow Centre Region Library, June 2020
- Think Like a Journalist to Grow Your Audience – EduWeb Digital Summit, August 2020. This was selected as the best presentation in the conferences content and email marketing track.
- Creative Professionals in the Gig Economy – University of Chicago GRAD program, March 2021
- Do You Really Need a Podcast? (moderator) – 2019 Outlier Podcast Festival Austin
- Podcasts to the Rescue! An Emerging Medium for Civic Engagement (panelist) -New York Metropolitan Library Council event
- How Podcasts Create a Win-Win for Organizations and Listeners (panelist) – Podcast Movement 2019
- Elevate Your Brand Through Podcasting (panelist) – Central Pennsylvania Creative Professionals
- Creating Content Marketing During Times of Crisis and Change (panelist) – American Society of Journalists and Authors
- Higher Ed podcasting panel (panelist) – PodFest Global Summit, February 2021