A reporter’s curiosity and a marketer’s mindset
Writing was my first passion and continues to be one of my favorite things to do. I use my journalism background and marketing experience to create stories that are compelling and meet brand objectives.
I’ve worked extensively with California Community Colleges and related organizations like the Cyber-Guild to demonstrate the power of workforce education in filling jobs in dozens of industries across California. I write a monthly Cyber Hero series and newsletter articles on a variety of community college students and faculty.
I’ve also built on my experience in the McCourtney Institute for Democracy by working with Ethelo, an organization that’s using technology to advance democracy around the world. I’ve written case studies and blog posts demonstrating the tool’s power across a variety of organizations.
My first love remains journalism and I look for opportunities to do so whenever I can, whether it’s writing about early risers, a change to the local school schedule, or the story of an LGBTQ veteran who receive an honorable discharge decades after World War II.
Recent articles and blog posts
- Resettled podcast engages collaborates in storytelling to capture refugee experience – Current
- Behind the Scenes of a Successful Livestream — The Riff
- Let There Be Pierogi — The Statesider
- A Summer of Change Comes to State College — Town&Gown Magazine
- How to Create Effective Podcasts — Inside Higher Ed
- 3 Ways to Measure Podcast Growth Beyond Download Numbers — Podcast Movement